Announcing LIME 2.3
The VOG Group is delighted to announce LIME v2.3, our first major release of 2021, and an important step on the road to greater things!
Chief among the changes is a refreshed connection to our companion V3Geo repository, in line with upgraded infrastructure and security required to introduce user profiles and private storage. Because of this change, you will need to switch to LIME 2.3 to continue using the V3Geo connection in LIME. The benefit is that you can now log in to your V3Geo profile and see your own 3D models and those shared with you by other users.
That’s not all. The release includes well over 100 features, user interface improvements and fixes, so it’s well worth making the switch. Here are some of the main changes in LIME 2.3:
- Updated V3Geo connection: new user login to access private and shared models, new free text search and filters
- Cloud model import: sections of a cloud model are now combined into a single entry in the 3D Elements tree for simplified data management and overlay handling
- GIF image support on Panels and overlays (including animated GIFs)
- New Dip/slope colour layer from 0-180° to support overhanging surfaces
- New Orientation colour layer allowing dip direction/strike to be filtered by dip angle
- New colour ramps (including the “Mars” ones from earlier blog post – indeed the rainbow ramp has been demoted😉)
- New drag and drop functionality to load data:
- Drag (multiple) 3D model files into the 3D scene or 3D Elements tree
- Drag .lime projects into 3D scene or 3D Elements tree to load or easily import data between projects
- Drag image files to position them as Panels (places at mouse drop point)
- Drag image or movie files while holding down Shift to drop them as Points (places at mouse drop point)
- Drag georeferenced images to place them automatically as Panels
- Improved support for tiled osgb models from Metashape
- Panels and overlays using georeferenced imagery will now read georeferencing information directly – it’s no longer necessary to resave your geoimage with a world file…
- New object snap allowing options to snap to points and line segments
We hope you enjoy using LIME v2.3. Keep up to date with LIME through our LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.
LIME team, October 2021