Here you will find a selection of common questions and topics related to LIME.
I’m using a laptop with integrated and dedicated graphics cards. How do I get the best performance out of LIME?
Modern laptops often ship with a dedicated high performance graphics card to run 3D graphics software, and an “integrated” card for general purpose usage (such as for document handling, playing movies etc). The graphics card drivers and operating system handle the switch between the two depending on which software is run. However, the OS does not always get it right, and you may need to override which graphics card is chosen to run LIME. For NVIDIA cards (recommended), the procedure is as follows (Windows 7):
- Run NVIDIA Control Panel (should be installed with your drivers).
- Click Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings tab.
- 1. Click Add and browse to the LIME installation folder. Select the Lime.exe file.
- Under “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program”, choose High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Choose Apply. The selection should be saved. As a check, turn on “Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area” to see current GPU usage.
Alternatively, LIME can be run on demand with the NVIDIA processor by right clicking on the software icon and selecting the NVIDIA processor under Run with graphics processor.